Written by Jane Hames
Do you use PowerPoint as a visual aid when presenting? How do you start running the Slide Show?
I sometimes see presenters opening PowerPoint and then fumbling around for the Slide Show button to start the full screen show (I don’t mind admitting that I have been guilty of this in the past!).
Have you tried saving the presentation as a PowerPoint Show on the desktop? This makes starting the presentation look effortless and a lot more professional and this how you do it:
- Open the presentation in PowerPoint.
- From the FILE tab, select SAVE AS.
- From the SAVE AS TYPE box, select POWERPOINT SHOW from the list.
- Choose where to save the show and then click on the SAVE button.
- To run the show, double click on the icon.
My preference is to save it on the desktop, or if I am using someone else’s laptop to present from, I put it on a memory stick and then copy it onto their desktop so that it is ready to use when it it comes to my turn to present.